Republic of Mauritius is an island country in the Mascarene archipelago of the Indian Ocean, located 2,000 kilometers off the southeast coast of Africa. The constitution of Mauritius declares the country's sovereignty over Mauritius Island, Rodrigues, Agaléga, St. Brandon and the disputed territories of Tromelin and the Chagos Archipelago. The country's nearest neighbors include Reunion, a French overseas department, and Madagascar.Mauritius is the most densely populated country in Africa.
Mauritius has a wide range of natural landscapes and man made attractions. Some of the world's rarest plants and animals can be found on the island. The multi-cultural and multi-ethnic view of the country offers a perfect environment to pursue higher studies.
The economy of Mauritius is based on tourism, sugar, textiles and financial services. Recently, information and communication technology, seafood, hospitality, healthcare, and education and training are the important sectors, attracting substantial investment from both local and foreign investors. Mauritius is one of the world's top luxury tourism destinations. It has sub-tropical climate with clear, warm sea waters, attractive beaches, tropical fauna and flora complemented by a multi-ethnic and cultural population that is friendly and welcoming.
* Quality of education constantly monitored by the Tertiary Education Commissions
* No Visa Interviews
* Bilingual education system – English and French
* Benefit from free transport and public health care services
* Acquire work experience while working up to 20 hours weekly
* Positioned in a natural catastrophe-free zone and geographically safe from major natural disasters
* Excellent Lifestyle with multi-cultural societies and limited cultural barriers
* Tuition fees starting from US $1,500 only
* Enjoy a decent quality of life as from only US $275 monthly
* High concentration of foreign labor force (India, Bangladesh, China, UK, etc.) in the Business District
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MAURITIUS
* Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarship and Leadership Programme
* University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
* Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford
* American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
* International Ambassador Scholarships at University of West London.
MOST SOUGHT AFTER COURSES
* Information and communication technology
* Health care
STUDENT WORK RIGHTS
The Employment (Non-Citizens) (Restriction) Exemptions (Amendment) Regulations 2013 provides for eligible foreign students in Mauritius and working part-time up to a maximum of twenty hours per week to be exempted from the requirements of Work Permit.
SPOUSE ACCOMPANIMENT & WORK RIGHTS
Average time is Three to six months or longer for approval of Form I-130 currently up to two years on the waiting list another three to six months or longer to get the immigrant visa. Summary of the Process.